GM has announced the base prices of the sixth generation Chevrolet Camaro coupe for the U.S. market. The 2016 Camaro 1LT is priced at US$26,695, while the 2016 Camaro SS 1SS is priced at US$37,295. The full pricing of the all-new model will be released at a later date. Both coupe and convertible body style range will include models LT and SS, which will be further divided into four trim levels – 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS.
Moreover, the preliminary configurator of the 2016 Camaro coupe and Convertible is up on the U.S. market website. The ‘online visualizer’ allows to configure both body styles of the sixth generation model in terms of trims, exterior colors, wheel designs, stripes as well as interior elements. The accessories guide has also been released and can be referred to at the end of the story.
Noteworthy standard features that are new on the 2016 Camaro include LED daytime running lamps, variable-ratio electric power steering, Driver Mode Selector with Snow/Ice, Tour and Sport modes (Track mode also on SS models), electronic park brake, driver information center with color display, reversing camera, automatic climate control, MyLink infotainment system with Apple CarPlay smartphone integration and OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Engine options
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine with 275 hp and 295 lb.-ft. (400 Nm) of torque
- 3.6-liter naturally aspirated V6 engine with 335 hp and 284 lb.-ft. (385 Nm) of torque
- 6.2-liter V8 engine (SS model-exclusive) that produces 455 hp and 455 lb.-ft. (617 Nm) of torque
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Transmission options
- 6-speed manual
- Hydra-Matic 8L45 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters
- 6-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Match (SS model-exclusive)
- Hydra-Matic 8L90 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters (SS model-exclusive)
The coupe version of the 2016 Camaro goes on sale by the end of this year, while the convertible version goes on sale in Q1 2016.