The front fascia of the upcoming 2016 Lancia Ypsilon has been spied undisguised for the first time. As seen with in the spy shot, the Ypsilon will get a minor facelift and the company has started teasing the facelifted model through a video [embedded below], indicating that it will be unveiled at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show (2015 IAA).
The minor facelift brings new upper grille, air intake on the front and thus a restyled bumper, while the headlamps appear to be the same as before. The engine options are likely to remain unchanged on the facelifted model. In Italy, the premium supermini that is sold as the Chrysler Ypsilon in UK, Ireland and Japan, is offered with 5 engine options:
- 1.2-litre Fire Evo II four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 69 CV (68 hp) and 102 Nm of torque
- 1.3-litre MultiJet II four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that produces 95 CV (94 hp) and 200 Nm of torque
- 0.9-litre TwinAir two-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that produces 85 CV (84 hp) and 145 Nm of torque
- 1.2-litre LPG + Petrol engine that produces 69 CV (68 hp) and 102 Nm of torque
- 0.9-litre CNG + Petrol engine that produces 80 CV (79 hp) and 140 Nm of torque
Transmission options include 5-speed manual transmission and 5-speed automated manual transmission.
The 2016 Lancia Ypsilon is expected to be priced from around €15,000 in Italy.