The 2016 Lancia Ypsilon has been fully revealed ahead of its official debut at the 2015 Frankfurt Motor Show (2015 IAA) tomorrow. The 2016 Lancia Ypsilon range is divided into three trim levels in Italy: Silver, Gold and Platinum. The facelifted model gets restyled headlamps, tweaked front bumper, new grille design and fog lamp housing, and larger fog lamps on the front. The side profile as well as the rear-end remain the same.
The interior too remains almost the same in terms of equipment level, except for a major change of the audio system which is being replaced by a new Uconnect infotainment system with a 5-inch colour display. The FCA Group’s familiar infotainment system features in-built satellite navigation. The graphics on the instrument panel are now easier to read.
The gear lever is new and another noteworthy change is the completely redesigned central tunnel. Together with the new glove compartments, it helps the updated model gain 3 litres of total internal capacity.
12 exterior colour options are offered: Rosso Argilla, Avorio Chic, Grigio Carrara, Bianco Neve, Grigio Khaki, Grigio Pietra, Grigio Argento, Blu Oltremare, Nero Vulcano, Blu di Blu, Cipria Glam and Bianco Glacè. Two alloy wheel designs are available each in 15- and 16-inch sizes.
2 interior trim options are available in each trim level: Tessuto Nero/Blu and Tessuto Nero/Grigio in Silver trim level, Tessuto/Velluto – Nero/Nero and Tessuto/Velluto – Grigio/Terra in Gold trim level, and Pelle/Dinamica – Nero/Terra light and Pelle/Dinamica – Nero/Nero in Platinum trim level.
The 2016 Lancia Ypsilon range has 5 engine options:
- 1.2-litre Fire Evo II four-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine that produces 69 CV (68 hp) and 102 Nm of torque
- 1.3-litre MultiJet II four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine that produces 95 CV (94 hp) and 200 Nm of torque
- 0.9-litre TwinAir two-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine that produces 85 CV (84 hp) and 145 Nm of torque
- 1.2-litre Petrol + LPG engine that produces 69 CV (68 hp) and 102 Nm of torque
- 0.9-litre Petrol + CNG engine that produces 80 CV (79 hp) and 140 Nm of torque
The 0.9-litre TwinAir two-cylinder turbocharged petrol engine is mated to a 5-speed automated manual transmission, while the remaining four engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
The 2016 Lancia Ypsilon is priced from from €13,200, €14,800 and €16,400 for the Silver, Gold and Platinum trim levels respectively.