Cadillac CT6 front three quarters left

Cadillac CT6 debuts at NYIAS 2015, will be sold in Europe too

March 19, 2015
893 Views

At the 2015 New York International Auto Show, Cadillac will introduce its new flagship sedan – the Cadillac CT6. The luxury sedan has been under development since 2012 under the codename “O1SL” and will be the first vehicle based on GM’s Omega platform.

The structure of the vehicle is aluminum intensive but 13 other customized materials are also used for each area of the car to enhance driving dynamics, cabin quietness and fuel economy. 64% structure of the body is made of aluminum, while the remaining 36% is made of mixed materials. This approach saved 90 kg compared to steel construction.

Cadillac CT6 front three quarters left

The flagship vehicle will be powered by twin-turbo V8 engine but an entry-level V6 engine is also likely to be offered. Plug-in Hybrid model of the CT6 will also be offered. Production will take place at GM’s Detroit-Hamtramck plant and sales of the new vehicle will commence in the U.S. in Q4 2015.

The flagship Cadillac will be sold in Europe too, from the end of this year or early 2016, as per a report by Inautonews.

[Source 1: GM Authority]
[Source 2: Inautonews]

Like this type of content? Subscribe to our newsletter to not miss another update.

Leave A Comment