GM has announced the prices of the sixth generation 2016 Chevrolet Camaro coupe for Canada. The all-new model is priced from CA$28,245, plus a destination freight charge CA$1,650 and CA$ AC tax.
The 2016 Camaro coupe range includes two models – LT and SS, and four trim levels – 1LT, 2LT, 1SS, and 2SS.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro coupe – Engine options
- 2.0-liter SAE-certified turbocharged four-cylinder engine that produces 275 hp (205 kW) and 295 lb.-ft. (400 Nm) of torque
- 3.6-liter naturally aspirated V6 engine that produces 335 hp (250 kW) and 284 lb.-ft. (385 Nm) of torque
- 6.2-liter LT1 direct-injected Small Block V8 engine that produces 455 hp (339 kW) and 455 lb.-ft. (617 Nm) of torque
Note: The 2.0-liter four-cylinder and 3.6-liter V6 engines can be had only in the LT models, while the 6.2-liter V8 engine can be had only in the SS model.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro coupe – Transmission options
- 6-speed manual
- Hydra-Matic 8L45 paddle-shift 8-speed automatic transmission
- 6-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Match
- Hydra-Matic 8L90 paddle-shift 8-speed automatic transmission
Note: The 6-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Match and the Hydra-Matic 8L90 paddle-shift 8-speed automatic transmission options are exclusive to the SS model.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro coupe – Performance figures
|2016 Camaro coupe||0-96 km/h (0-60 mph) (sec.)||Quarter-Mile (sec. @ mph)||Grip (max. lateral)||96-0 km/h (60-0 mph) braking|
|2.0L turbo w/18-in. tires||5.4 (man.) 5.5 (auto.)||14.0 @ 100 (man.) 14.0 @ 99 (auto.)||0.85 g||39.31 metres (129 feet)|
|3.6L V-6 w/20-in. RF3 tires||5.2 (man.) 5.1 (auto.)||13.7 @ 102 (man.) 13.5 @ 103 (auto.)||0.89 g||37.79 metres (124 feet)|
|6.2L V-8 w/20-in. RF4 tires||4.3 (man.) 4.0 (auto.)||12.5 @ 115 (man.) 12.3 @ 116 (auto.)||0.97 g||35.66 metres (117 feet)|
2016 Chevrolet Camaro coupe – Noteworthy standard features
- LED daytime running lamps
- Variable-ratio electric power steering
- Driver Mode Selector with Snow/Ice, Tour and Sport modes on all models and
- Track mode on SS
- Driver information center with color display
- Electronic park brake
- Remote vehicle starter system (with an automatic transmission)
- Driver and front passenger knee air bags
- Reversing camera
- 8-way power driver, 6-way power passenger seats
- Chevrolet MyLink with Apple CarPlay capability
- OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot
The LT model can be equipped with the RS package that features High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps with LED signature lamps, RS-specific grille, 20-inch aluminum wheels, LED tail lamps and a rear spoiler.
The SS model is differentiated with performance features such as cooling systems for the differential, transmission and engine oil; Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 run-flat tires; Brembo brakes with four-piston front and rear calipers; Active Rev Matching (manual transmission models only); Limited slip differential (manual transmission models only); and configurable Driver Information Center.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro coupe – Prices
|Trim Level||Starting Price*|
*Plus a destination freight charge of $1,650 and $100 AC tax.
More information is available in the press release embedded below the image gallery.