Car designer John Pangilinan has unveiled the 2015 Hyundai JP Edition Sonata which will be revealed at the 2014 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. The 2015 Hyundai JP Edition Sonata combines high performance with eye-catching visuals inspired from Los Angeles street art.
Pangilinan says the JP edition blends street art with an automobile in measured proportions.
The car will be revealed on November 4, 2014 at 9 a.m. PT at Hyundai’s SEMA news conference.
You can learn more about the creation from the press release below.
JOHN PANGILINAN’S 2015 SONATA BLENDS STREET ART WITH HIGH PERFORMANCE FOR SEMA – Press Release
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif., Oct. 24, 2014 – Delivering on his eye-catching reputation, John Pangilinan revealed his 2015 Sonata for the 2014 SEMA show. The JP Edition Sonata strives to change the perception of what a sedan is by combining high performance driving dynamics with the striking visuals of Los Angeles street art. The design vision for the JP Edition Sonata is featured with the four other Hyundai SEMA builds in this latest video from Hyundai. The car will be revealed at Hyundai’s SEMA news conference in Las Vegas on November 4, 2014 at 9 a.m. PT.
With an emphasis on maintaining his signature build style, the JP Edition Sonata connects Los Angeles street art culture with automotive enthusiasts. By keeping the stock white paintwork as the visual base, JP wanted to represent a blank white canvas, upon which he would create a work of art. Working in collaboration with Flexfit | BSCMP and Mr. 44, a renowned Los Angeles-based street artist, the trio was able to create a Sonata that reflects a union between equally passionate street art and auto-enthusiast cultures.
“Inspired by a trip earlier this year to the Pow! Wow! Hawai’i art event in Hawaii, I wanted to connect the street art culture to automotive, without going too over the top with a full blown art car,” said John Pangilinan. “This build features a balance of performance products, in-car entertainment with the latest innovations and clean styling, representing the enthusiasts whose cars showcase an extension of their personalities and lifestyles.”
Giving the Sonata a performance boost, John Pangilinan added an AEM cold air intake, a MagnaFlow exhaust kit and a hot charge pipe from Bisimoto engineering. The chassis has been altered with the addition of KW coilovers. A custom, wide body and lip kit from LTMW give the Sonata a more aggressive stance, and the car now sits on 19-in. RAYS Gram Lights 57Getter wheels wrapped in Toyo R888 tires. Rounding out the customization, the front seats have been replaced with RECARO cross sportster seats and BP Auto Sound has added a full audio system with Alpine and Scosche electronics.
Follow #HyundaiSEMA to keep up to speed on Hyundai’s 2014 SEMA activities.
- AEM Cold Air Intake
- MagnaFlow Exhaust
- Bisimoto Hot Charge Pipe
- Progress Sport Springs
- RAYS Gram Lights 57Getter Wheels
- 19 x 9.5-in. Front
- 19 x 10.5-in. Rear
- Toyo Tires Proxes R888
- 245/40 R19 Front
- 295/35 R19 Rear
- Custom Widebody and Lip Kit by LTMW
- Custom Vinyl Art by Mr. 44
- The Retrofit Source and Retrofit House Custom JP Edition Headlights with VLEDs
- RECARO Cross Sportster Seats
- Bisimoto Custom-Fabricated Seat Brackets
- Katzkin Re-Upholstery Leather Seats
- Alpine Electronics System built by BP Autosound
- iLX-007 CarPlay Car Stereo
- PDR-F50 4/3/2 Channel Digital Amplifier
- PDR-M65 Mono Digital Amplifier
- SWS-10D4 10-in. Subwoofer
- SPS-610 6 ½-in. Coaxial 2-Way Speaker Set
- SPS-610C 6 ½-in. Component 2-Way Speaker System
- Scosche Electronics
- Accumat Hyperflex Sound Damping
- EFX Elite Series Braided Multi-Core Interconnects
- EFX Speaker Wire
- EFX Amp Power Kit
- EFX Ground Distribution Block
- V-LEDs Lighting
- LTMW – www.ltmotorwerks.com
- Flexfit – www.flexfit.com
- Mr. 44 – www.mr44.com
- Jon Sibal Design – www.jonsibal.com
- Brembo Brakes – www.brembo.com/en/Pages/default.aspx
- RAYS / Mackin Industries – www.mackin-ind.com
- Recaro – www.recaro-automotive.com/us
- Alpine Electronics – www.alpine-usa.com
- Toyo Tires – www.toyotires.com
- Bisimoto – www.bisimoto.com
- V-LEDs – www.v-leds.com
- The Retrofit Source – www.theretrofitsource.com
- Scosche Electronics – www.scosche.com
- AEM – www.aempower.com
- KI Studios – www.kistudios.com
- BP Auto Sound – www.bpautosound.com
- Knockaround – www.knockaround.com
- Mophie – www.mophie.com
- Illest – www.illestbrand.com