The 2015 Toyota Hiace ranage has been launched in New Zealand. The updated range adds Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and offers two new body style options.
The cabin layout for two seater versions has also been changed; the two seats are now replaced by bench seat seat. Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), traction control, brake assist and Hill-start Assist Control (HAC) are now standard.
Post the MY2015 update, the range consists of three trim levels – ZL, ZX and Minibus. The ZL trim can be had in full panel van (petrol/diesel), glass van (petrol/diesel) and half panel van (diesel-only). The ZX trim and the Minibus trims can be had solely in glass van (diesel-only) and 12 seat van (diesel-only) respectively.
Engine specifications remain the same. The 2.7-litre four-cylinder petrol engine produces 118 kW (158 hp) and 243 Nm of torque, while the 3.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine produces 100 kW (134 hp) and 300 Nm of torque.
Transmission options depending on the trim and the body style include 5-speed manual transmission, 6-speed automatic transmission with sequential manual mode and 4-Speed Electronically Controlled Automatic Transmission (ECT). All models are rear-wheel driven.
2015 Toyota Hiace prices (excluding on-road costs):-
- Hiace ZL Diesel Glass Van (automatic) – NZ$51,630
- Hiace ZL Diesel Glass Van (manual) – NZ$50,530
- Hiace ZL Diesel Half Panel Van (manual) – NZ$53,830
- Hiace ZL Diesel Full Panel Van (manual) – NZ$52,730
- Hiace ZL Petrol Glass Van (automatic) – NZ$49,130
- Hiace ZL Petrol Glass Van (manual) – NZ$46,830
- Hiace ZL Petrol Full Panel Van (manual) – NZ$46,830
- Hiace ZX Diesel Glass Van (manual) – NZ$56,330
- Hiace ZX Diesel Glass Van (automatic) – NZ$58,330
- Hiace Minibus 12 Seat Diesel (manual) – NZ$64,980
- Hiace Minibus 12 Seat Diesel (automatic) – NZ$67,280