Suzuki has announced the pricing and specification upgrades for the Suzuki Jimny in the UK. The trusty off-roader now has Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Gear Shift Indicator, and Electronic Stability Control as standard. Suzuki has added two exterior colour options – Steel Silver and Khaki Green – and newly designed 15-inch alloy wheels finished in dark silver, to the SZ4 model.
Suzuki has made all the information available in the press release that follows.
SPECIFICATION UPGRADES FOR 2015 MODEL JIMNY
- New exterior and interior updates for Suzuki’s compact SUV – on sale now.
- TPMS (Tyre Pressure Monitoring System), GSI (Gear Shift Indicator) and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) now included as standard equipment.
- SZ3 model priced at £12,195 on the road.
- Higher specification SZ4 model priced at £13,645 with manual transmission or £14,545 with automatic transmission.
- SZ4 features new design Dark Silver 15-inch alloy wheels, synthetic leather seats, air conditioning, leather trim steering wheel and rear privacy glass as standard equipment.
- Global sales of 2.8 million, sold across 188 global markets
- 44th Anniversary of Suzuki’s 4×4 Heritage in 2014.
Suzuki GB PLC is pleased to announce some specification upgrades to its highly popular Jimny compact 4×4 model, aimed at refreshing the appeal of the iconic model in the Suzuki range. First introduced in 1998, Jimny has built up an established, tough and capable reputation amongst its 22,000 loyal owners in the UK with many currently on their third or even fourth new Jimny.
Steel Silver and Khaki Green have been added to the metallic paint range of five shades available for the higher specification SZ4 model with three metallic and one solid colour available for SZ3. Metallic paint is a £399 option.
A new seat fabric has been adopted for the SZ3 and SZ4 features new design 15-inch alloy wheels finished in dark Silver.
In line with EU regulations both SZ3 and SZ4 models now have a new design instrument cluster that includes a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) for added safety as well as a Gear Shift Indicator (GSI) to help the driver keep fuel consumption to a minimum. The 2015 model is also equipped with ESC (Electronic Stability Control) as standard.
Jimny has a neat and practical look and since sales began in 1998 it has accumulated a loyal following of customers who enjoy a quirky alternative to a supermini or crossover SUV. Jimny exceeds expectations off road whilst still being more than capable in any urban area, ideal for customers who want the best of both worlds.
The all-alloy 16 valve 1.3-litre engine benefits from variable valve timing, ensuring lively performance, and strong fuel economy with the manual transmission model returning an official 39.8mpg in combined cycle driving (38.7mpg for the automatic); respective CO2 outputs are 162 and 167g/km.