The 2015 Lincoln Navigator has earned a maximum, 5-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in the USA. The NHTSA’s New Car Assessment Program combines the vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
The 2015 Navigator is equipped with a number of advanced safety and assistance features like AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control, SOS Post-Crash Alert System, and Blind Spot Information System.
More information is available in the press release below.
LINCOLN NAVIGATOR EARNS TOP VEHICLE SAFETY RATING FROM FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY – Press Release
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration awarded the 2015 Lincoln Navigator a five-star Overall Vehicle Score in its New Car Assessment Program
- Lincoln Navigator offers advanced driver-assist technologies like Blind Spot Information System, and safety systems like AdvanceTrac®with Roll Stability Control™
- 2015 Navigator has a new 3.5-liter, twin-turbocharged EcoBoost®engine for more power, a new exterior design for a more refined appearance, and a fresh, luxuriously appointed interior
The 2015 Lincoln Navigator earned a five-star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
A five-star Overall Vehicle Score is the highest rating a vehicle can earn in the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s New Car Assessment Program, which is tasked with evaluating new automobile designs against various safety threats. The program combines vehicle performance in frontal and side-impact crash tests and resistance to rollover.
“The 2015 Navigator combines the highest possible safety rating from the federal government with a fresh interpretation of the classic full-size luxury sport utility vehicle,” said Steve Kenner, global director, Ford Automotive Safety Office. “From its more refined appearance and luxurious interior appointments to its advanced safety systems and driver-assist features, the 2015 Navigator is what our customers asked for.”
Safety and technology features
The 2015 Lincoln Navigator features advanced technologies aimed at providing safety for occupants. They include:
- AdvanceTrac®with Roll Stability Control™uses gyroscopic sensors to measure the vehicle’s roll and turning rates to help provide stability in sharp turns. The system applies brake pressure and reduces power to minimize skidding and fishtailing when the vehicle corners sharply or swerves
- Side-impact airbags, standard equipment on Navigator, include side-curtain airbags that deploy from the headliner or from both sides of the vehicle as part of the Safety Canopy®System
- SOS Post-Crash Alert System™triggers the horn and emergency flashers when the front airbags are deployed or the safety belt pretensioners are activated, which aids first responders trying to locate the vehicle
Navigator also features a suite of driver-assist technologies including:
- Blind Spot Information System uses radar located in the rear quarter panels to help detect a vehicle in a blind spot. If a vehicle is detected, BLIS®alerts the driver with a warning light in the appropriate sideview mirror
- Cross-traffic alert uses radar to detect vehicles approaching from the side when a motorist is slowly backing out of a parking spot or driveway. An approaching vehicle can be detected from up to 15 yards away. The system will send an audible warning to the driver and a visual display in the corresponding mirror will appear, as well as a flashing light in the vehicle’s message center
- Forward and reverse sensing systems provide audible alerts designed to help drivers avoid obstacles when parking