Chevrolet is gearing-up to ship the first batch of the sixth generation 2016 Chevrolet Camaro to dealerships in the USA this week. The first models of the production from GM’s Lansing Grand River Assembly should reach the dealerships for customer delivery by mid-November. To support the Camaro’s production, GM spent US$175 million in upgrading the tooling and equipment of the plant.
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro will be available in two models – LT and SS – which are further divided into four trim levels – 1LT, 2LT, 1SS and 2SS. The Camaro LT is priced from US$26,695 and the Camaro SS is priced from US$37,295.
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Engine options
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine with 275 hp and 295 lb.-ft. (400 Nm) of torque
- 3.6-liter naturally aspirated V6 engine with 335 hp and 284 lb.-ft. (385 Nm) of torque
- 6.2-liter V8 engine (SS model-exclusive) that produces 455 hp and 455 lb.-ft. (617 Nm) of torque
2016 Chevrolet Camaro Transmission options
- 6-speed manual
- Hydra-Matic 8L45 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters
- 6-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Match (SS model-exclusive)
- Hydra-Matic 8L90 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters (SS model-exclusive)
The 2016 Chevrolet Camaro will be come packed with a great equipment level as standard including features like LED daytime running lamps, variable-ratio electric power steering, Driver Mode Selector with Snow/Ice, Tour and Sport modes (Track mode also on SS models), electronic park brake, driver information center with color display, reversing camera, automatic climate control, MyLink infotainment system with Apple CarPlay smartphone integration and OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with Wi-Fi hotspot.
The order guide of the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro coupe has been embedded below the press release which is after the image gallery.