2016 Volvo S60 and V60 Polestar Blue 1

Volvo increases S60 and V60 Polestar allotment for US

July 18, 2015

Volvo has announced that it will sell 265 Polestar vehicles in the United States for model year 2016. The Swedish automaker recently acquired 100 percent stake in Polestar, a tuning company that has been associated with Volvo since 1996.

Last year, Volvo had announced a portfolio of 120 Polestar-powered S60 and V60 cars for the U.S. market. The cars sold out quickly and the demand surprised Volvo. Hence, for the 2016 batch, the allotment has been increased to 265 vehicles. They will arrive on the shores of North America later this summer. 40% of the allotted cars will be the S60 and the remaining 60 percent will be the V60.

2016 Volvo S60 and V60 Polestar Blue

Volvo has alloted 265 units of the 2016 S60 and V60 Polestar models for the U.S. market.

Polestar engineers have made over 70 modifications and upgrades to the two cars. Both will be powered by a 3.0-liter inline-six engine capable of producing 345 hp and come equipped with the Haldex all-wheel drive (AWD) system. The power will be transmitted via a 6-speed automatic gearbox.

The enhanced performance has been achieved owing to the use of a new twin-scroll turbo, an intercooler, full-flow active exhaust and a completely recalibrated engine management system.

2016 Volvo S60 and V60 Polestar Blue 2

2016 Volvo S60 and V60 Polestar will be powered by a 345-hp 3.0-liter inline-six engine.

Moreover, the transmission has also been tweaked to provide faster gear-shifts. Not to forget, the suspension has been specially developed by Ohlins and the stopping power has been “optimized” by fitting Brembo brake calipers and ventilated brake-discs. Several other exterior and interior changes have been done to improve the look and aerodynamics of the Polestar S60 and V60.

The first batch of Volvo-Polestar cars only came in two exterior colors, Rebel Blue and Black Sapphire; model year 2016 will add Ice White and Bright Silver to these options.

2016 Volvo S60 and V60 Polestar

Prices for the 2016 Volvo S60 and V60 Polestar should remain unchanged.

“This is a performance vehicle that combines Polestar’s racing experience with Volvo Cars’ exceptional ability to build everyday cars” said Lex Kerssemakers, President and CEO of Volvo Cars of North America. “It is a rare combination that is hard for others to duplicate successfully.”

Volvo is yet to announce the pricing for the 2016 Polestar models, but we are assuming that there won’t be an change from last year’s amount, which was $60,225 for the S60 Polestar and $61,825 for the V60 Polestar. A total of 750 Volvo-Polestar cars will be produced for 2016 and they will be sold in 13 countries.

2016 Volvo S60 and V60 Polestar – Image Gallery


Like this type of content? Subscribe to our newsletter to not miss another update.

Leave A Comment